Health officials are offering a word of caution about flesh-eating bacteria for those planning to head to the water this summer. It is often found in warm, salty brackish waters and in shellfish during the summer months. Kelly Kohen Blomberg recently came into contact with this rare, but serious disease.
“It is affecting my life. I can’t work right now. I can’t do anything productive right now,” Blomberg said. She contracted the bacteria when she was beach surf fishing on May 12 in the Gulf of Mexico. “Whenever I shuffled my foot, it went directly into the mouth of something,” she said. “Blood everywhere, and it was not stopping.”
To read the entire article, please click on this link http://www.wthr.com/story/32108227/woman-gets-flesh-eating-bacteria-while-fishing